Saturday, April 16, 2011

Alan Jackson- The Old Rugged Cross

Next week is Holy Week.
I guess the older that I get, the more the word "sacrifice" means to me.
I think of some of the sacrifices my folks had to make so that my life would be easier.
I think of the sacrifices that American troops across the globe, as well as their families back home, make to insure my freedom.
Some have paid the highest price.
And finally, I think of the Ultimate Sacrifice that was made over 2000 years ago, on a hill, in the Middle East.
A sacrifice, not only to make my life easier, or to give me freedom, (which by the way it has done), but to also secure my eternity.
The cross.
The brutal symbol of punishment and execution has become the sign pointing to true liberty and mercy for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment