Thursday, April 14, 2011

They Might Be Giants-Meet The Elements

When I was in chiropractic school, I was able to live at home with my parents.
That's kind of a "good news/ bad news" scenario.
On one hand, I saved about $50,000 in student loans for housing. Good.
On the other hand, I lived with my parents.
Just kidding my folks are pretty awesome.
But because I chose to live at home, I commuted from College Park to Marietta about 5 days a week, for about 3 and a half years.
During this time, I was listening to alot of Album 88, the college-run radio station out of Georgia State University.
There was one particular DJ that I enjoyed listening to that played some of my favorites.
Everyday at the end of his show, he would play "Birdhouse in your Soul" by They Might Be Giants.
I remember when he was graduating and on his last radio show for the university, hearing him play his "swan song" for the last time.
Pardon while I reminisce.
Alright, I know.
It's true. The Giants are quirky.
But now that they are making kid's music, and good quality kid's music, I think their quirkiness is...well oddly awesome.
Check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment