Friday, April 22, 2011

J.S. Bach-Mass in B Minor, BWV 232/ Agnes Dei

My friend, Alan Knox, asked a stirring question earlier this week.
He asked, "Do we prefer our Jesus to stay in a manger instead of outside an empty tomb?"
His discussion can be found in his blog at
http://www.alanknox.net/2011/04/do-we-prefer-our-jesus-to-stay-in-a-manger-instead-of-outside-an-empty-tomb/
This question has haunted me all week.
Of course, you can't have one without the other, but, maybe Easter would be the more appropriate time to exchange gifts in honor of the One that gave the ultimate gift.
I know that my celebration of Holy Week hasn't been much of a celebration thus far.
However, I have started gathering some information from different websites on great ways to celebrate and reflect on the Passion, for next year.
You'll have to tune in next year to see how I'm doing.
I pray all have a great Good Friday and a safe Happy Easter.
It's Friday...but Sunday's coming.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment