Thursday, May 27, 2010

Carole King/James Taylor-Blossom

In 2007, Rob Reiner directed a film starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson entitled "The Bucket List". The jist is that two terminally ill men embark on a road trip with a wish list of things to do before they die (or kick the bucket).
Thus the name "bucket list".
I think that there is something healthy in creating a bucket list. I see it as kind of like goal-setting. Living life with a purpose. I think too many people just wander aimlessly through life and at the end are sad because they have missed too many opportunities.
Each day is a gift. We never know when our time on Earth will end.
My advice--- Make your peace with God, first and foremost. You can't enter eternity unprepared.
Next, make a list of things that you want to do while you're on this journey.
Finally, do some of them. You may not get to check everything off of your list, but you can have fun trying.
On my short list was to see James Taylor in concert. Next week when he is at the Gwinnett Arena with (bonus) Carole King, I'll be there, with a shorter bucket list.
What's something on yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment