Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sondra Radvanovsky- D'amor Sull'ali Rosee from Il Travatore

I used to tell everyone that I liked all music...except opera.
So last year, my wife wanted to go to the Atlanta Opera.
So we went to the opera. And I kinda dug it.
For those of you who have never been, think Shakespeare in a foreign language, sung to classical music.
The story line is always amusing--there's some kind of witch or gypsy or talisman that has cast some sort of spell. You also will have some sort of love competition. And there will be death usually.
Great family entertainment.
There have been debates as to whether having subtitles at the opera takes away from "the purity" of the performance. Personally, I wouldn't know what the heck was going if there weren't any.
So, in this clip, we have Sondra Radvanovsky, playing the female lead of Leonora, going to save her love interest, Manrico, that has been captured by the jealous Count.
Whenever I think of Counts, I always think of the Sesame Street Count.
One! One soprano! Ah, ah, ah, ah! Two! Two sopranos! Ah, ah, ah, ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment