Saturday, May 8, 2010

Norah Jones- Come Away With Me

My wife is an awesome mother. Tomorrow we celebrate those that have refined the art, science, and philosophy of maternal instinct--as well as chicks who gave birth. My wife has been pregnant about a third of our time together...that's kind of alot. I love my kids. But there are just certain things that you can't do when you have kids...like sleep just a little later on Saturday morning because the 3 year old can't find his blanket at 6:10 am, and he has disturbed the cat by coming downstairs and she is now meowing incessantly, and meantime the 3 year old is making fire engine sounds in his room because he has boogers in his nose.
We used to just like to pick up and escape for a few days. I'm gonna listen to Norah once more (and sigh) before I go get the boy a tissue.

1 comment:

  1. I had not realized that I'd been pregnant 1/3 of our marriage until you posted this! That's insane!

    ReplyDelete