Friday, September 10, 2010

Angie Aparo- Spaceship

I had the daunting task once of painting the foyer and living area of our old house in McDonough over the course of a weekend. This was one of those houses that had ceilings that stopped just shy of the Big Dipper.
Wifey was pregnant with our first at the time, and she was going out of town.
I thought this was the perfect time to get the job done.
No paint fumes for Mommy = a happy Mommy and a healthy baby.
After I cleaned up the half gallon of olive green paint that I spilled, I got settled in and ready to work.
But wait...if you know me you know I need a soundtrack.
A patient at my office that was a singer had just given me a copy of his new CD entitled "The American".
If I listened to that CD once that weekend, I listened to it about 30 times. It was that good.
It instantly became one of my "Desert Island" choices.
Faith Hill thought it was good, too.
She recorded his song, "Cry", and oh yeah...won a Grammy for it.
Other artists have done his songs including Tim McGraw and most recently Miley Cyrus.
He's as good as a songwriter as he is a performer.
Since then, I have had the opportunity to see Angie Aparo in concert a few times. He usually tours the Southeast and about once a year I'll check him out when he's in Atlanta.
He'll be playing this Saturday at the Park Tavern in Midtown.
And I plan on being there as well.
By the way, the painting job was completed and approved with no fractures, dislocations, or other spills.

No comments:

Post a Comment