Thursday, September 2, 2010

Walter Hawkins- I'm Going Away

I had a weird dream last night.
It was kind of one of those dreams that you can't shake all day the next day.
In my dream, I was getting my kids ready for the bus to go to school.
Pretty normal up til now, right.
Well, in my dream, we somehow all knew that Jesus was returning for His people later that day.
So, this was the last time that I was going to see my kids here on Earth.
It was emotional and unnerving.
I think the dream was spurred by the sermon that was preached on Sunday at church.
We had a guest preacher that spoke on "end-times prophecy".
For those that don't believe the Bible is a true and authentic, relevant inspired Word from God, you just have to count the prophecies.  There are so many things that were predicted thousands of years ago that eventually came to pass.
Now, the stage is being set for the beginning of the end.
This should cause us all to consider our priorities.
First, are you prepared to meet the judgment?  You don't have to be afraid of the end of times or death for that matter.  If your trust is in the One that made and controls it all, there is nothing to fear.
Secondly, are those closest to you ready?  If I really care for someone, I should love them enough to tell them that destruction is coming.  I would warn them if they were about to be hit by a bus.  This is eternal.
If you read this blog, I want you to know that you can't face The Creator alone.
He'll crush you.
Yes, God is a God of love.  But, He also hates sin.  He can not stand to be in the presence of anyone that has been tainted by it in the least.
You may have heard that Jesus died for you.  It might not have made since to you.
Here's the jist, short-version.
He was God's son.  He was born of a virgin.  He lived a perfect life so He could die as a sacrificial offering for sin.  This was important in the ancient Jewish culture.  The sacrifice had to be perfect.
By becoming a sacrifice, he offered a trade:  His perfection for our sins.
This doesn't mean that a believer and a follower of Jesus Christ is now perfect.
It does mean that if you accept the trade offer, God now sees you as perfect.
If you desire to take the offer, send me a message on Facebook or email me at greggchiro@aol.com.
I'll do the best I can to guide you through.
It doesn't cost anything.  It's a free gift.  But in order to be effectively enjoyed, a gift must be received.
Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment