Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven

This weekend the family and I met my brother and sister-in-law at Callaway Gardens, a beautiful park south of Atlanta.
There is so much to do these days at Callaway. We ended up buying an annual pass because we didn't want to rush. They have an excellent Christmas light display every year, so I know we'll go back for that.
But this time around, we stayed at Robin Lake Beach. There was a nice swimming area roped off for the kids.
I was really surprised how uncrowded it was to be a holiday weekend.
Especially since there was a Hot Air Balloon Festival going on there as well.
That part was a little disappointing because they were supposed to have them lift off at 6:00pm, but were unable to because of winds.
I'm not sure what they were talking about, because it was pretty steamy most of the day.
But the kids had a great time and so did we.
They had a huge giant waterslide thingy set-up, which was basically an enormous inflatable with a couple of guys with hoses. On a hot day, however, it was pretty popular.
My 5 year old, Be-Bop, begged me to let her do it.
So, of course I let her do it.
I was kind of surprised that she wanted to , but I was very proud of her bravery as she climbed up by herself and shot down the slide.
She didn't care so much for the water getting in her face.
Maybe, we'll wait a couple of more years for White Water.
Walking back to meet the others after her daring display, we passed by the pavilion where there was a guy with a piano singing.
As we passed he was singing, "Give me that old time rock and roll. The kind of music that soothes the soul..."
So, I started thinking about what "old time rock and roll" meant to me.
For me, "Stairway" is the ultimate rock song. From the cool vocals to the layering of the song, and the way it just builds.
It may not be the "all-time greatest", but it sure ranks.
"Stairway" is never denied here.



No comments:

Post a Comment