Saturday, January 8, 2011

Brian Eno-Emerald and Lime

My morning started off like an improvised episode of Hee-Haw when all the characters are talking at once.
Not that my kids are the least bit country but that is the first loud and obnoxious show I thought of.
Wifey has the weekend off, and boy does she deserve it.
The last month of the year for her was spent following behind the kids with a puke bucket, or washing puke sheets, or scrubbing puke floors.
Not necessarily the most memorable of holidays this year.
Although the snow we got on Christmas was nice; and everybody, at least at some point, felt well enough to go out and play in it.
That was short-lived because as soon as we thought it was over, it returned and we canceled our New Year's Disney trip.
So...to say that my wife needs some time off is an understatement.
At this point, I'm just hoping she comes back.
I've mentioned our weekends off before, but I've got to say again how healthy this is for our relationship and our family life.
It's great to be able to sleep when you want, eat when and what you want, and do whatever the heck you want.
I know she will come back refreshed and be able to give from a full tank instead of a physically and emotionally drained one.
But for now, it's me and the kiddos.
Which is cool. I don't get this time very often.
I just wished kids eased into morning instead of being human roosters that all need something first thing in the morning.
In a perfect world, they would quietly float downstairs at about 10:30 to the sounds of Brian Eno's "Emerald and Lime".
But, I'll be OK.
There's coffee made.

No comments:

Post a Comment