Thursday, January 20, 2011

Zero 7- In The Waiting Line

Wifey and I teach kindergarten Sunday School.
I've been doing it for five years now. Wifey joined me last year.
Thank God she did.
She totally balances me and helps me to realize and appreciate the simple things in life, oh such as, you will probably go to jail if you spank that child.
Apparently, a demonstration on stoning is not on our curriculum.
I'm way kidding...for the most part.
There is usually only one or two kids a year that you spend the entire hour and a half calling their name.
Two weeks ago, I was trying to get this one kid's attention, and so I called his name five times. This little dude was straight ignoring me.
So, I got everyone's attention.
"I'm going to give you all a life lesson. If someone calls your name, turn around and see where the voice is. They may be trying to tell you that there is a giant boulder about to fall on your head."
Of course, now all of the kids are looking up at the ceiling, and John the Baptist has no chance.
Anyway, once a month, our church puts on Kidzplace during Sunday School.
This is where grades K-4 gather together in one place, and some of the older elementary school kids and some of the middle school kids , teach a lesson through a skit, song and dance.
This month's virtue was "patience".
In the beginning, someone noted that patience is harder for adults than it is for kids.
I think they're on to something.
Whether it's trying to lose weight, pay off debts, or wait for vacation, it just never seems to happen fast enough.
But patience is a discipline that leads to victory. Get-rich-quick doesn't work. Body re-shaping doesn't happen overnight. It's a journey.
But it's a journey that is worth the effort...and the patience.
Here's something to listen to to help pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment