Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ray Lamontagne and the Pariah Dogs- Beg Steal or Borrow

"What would you dare to dream for your life if you knew that you could not fail?"
I listened to this question again recently as I was contemplating the new year.
The question came from Brian Tracy, a time management and success "guru".
It was during a lesson that he was teaching on goal-setting.
Why do so many people drift through life, without purpose or intention?
Tracy says, "If you are not working toward your own set of goals, you are doomed forever to be working toward the goals of someone else."
He says that everyone is working on goals. But sometimes the goals you are working on are not your own.
I sat down before the new year started and followed his advice.
I wrote down on a sheet of paper everything that I would like to do, have, or be in the next 5 years.
Then, I broke them down into A, B, and C goals, with A goals being the most important.
I then listed all the A goals on a separate sheet of paper and listed them in the order of priority.
The A1 goal is your "major definite purpose" for the year.
Finally, I wrote down several action steps under my A1 goal that would lead me to completion.
Then, I review my goal sheet every day and ask myself, "What are you going to do today to help you reach your goal?"
It's not too late.
January is not even half over.
Write down some goals and get after them.
"Young man, full of big plans,
You thinkin' about tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment