Thursday, August 26, 2010

With Someone Else's Money- You Don't Know Me At All

Well, sports fans, football season is eight days away.
For those of us in the South, it's kind of like getting ready to go to church.
With an uncertain future this season for my Bulldogs, I am hopeful that we win more than we lose.
I think they call this a rebuilding year.  That's a nice way to tell the alumni and other supporters, "We're probably going to suck."
At any rate, I secured my place this week for the road trip to the Georgia/Florida game in late October.
I always go with my friend Bill, a good friend of mine from McDonough.
Although it's not true, it seems we only talk during football season.
It probably seems that way because we talk so much during football season.
His folks have a place on the Georgia coast, and we usually stay there and drive down to Jax for the game on Saturday.
We have our meals all planned out.
There's nothing like The Shell House for crab legs...and the Buccaneer Club for fried shrimp.
He's a little more optimistic than I am about the season.  He says 10-2.
He's always been a little bit crazy.
Speaking of  UGA, Ben Folds had a contest and had singing groups from universities send in tapes of them singing a cappella versions of his songs.  The best ones he will put on his new album.
UGA's "With Someone Else's Money" won one of the slots.
Go Dawgs...or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment