Sunday, October 10, 2010

Echoes of Nature-Ocean Waves

My wife recently went to Asia on a missions trip.
While she was gone, Be-Bop went with Grandma to Disney.
That left me with the three dudes.
So, we went to the beach.
A trip to the beach with kids is not a relaxing vacation.
I knew that going in, so I wasn't disappointed.
I planned fun things to do with them, mostly beach time and pool time.
We also went to the zoo, visited a Naval base, played at a fort, and engaged in a couple of rounds of Goofy Golf.
We had an awesome time and it helped keep our minds off of the fact that Mommy was thousands of miles away.
But, I didn't return relaxed for sure.
A 9-, 7-, and 3-year-old will keep you from that.
But, never fear.
The anniversary is looming.
We have reservations for Myrtle Beach in South Carolina, a place that I haven't visited since my childhood.
I'm looking forward to some adult "R n R" time.
Of course, I'll probably make Wifey play Goofy Golf with me.
Hey, when you travel with the biggest Goof there is, what do you expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment