Saturday, October 9, 2010

Glee Cast- Hellogoodbye

Life is short.
No doubt about it.
One day we are saying "hello" to diapers, midnight feedings, and baby clothes.
Another day, we are saying "goodbye" to short-term memory, flexibility, and hair.
(Although, in many cases, the hair that leaves our heads finds it's way to strange places like ears.)
Nearly 30 years ago, John Lennon's life was abruptly ended by a gunman outside of his apartment building in New York and we said "goodbye" to a voice of creativity.
He would have turned 70 today.
My Dad just turned 70.
I can't "Imagine" the last 30 years of life without my Dad.
I saw somewhere that John took 5 years off from music when Sean was born.
He became a "house husband" and spent as much time helping to raise his son as he could.
That's inspiring.
John shares his birthday with two great people:
my cousin Ashley and my friend Colin.
Happy Birthday, guys!
Make the most of your day today, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment