Saturday, October 16, 2010

Toots & The Maytals- Monkey Man

I went to chiropractic school with a guy named Clarence.
He went by the name, Mac.
Mac was one of my best friends in chiro school.
If we had a long break between classes, we would go by his apartment and play tennis or just chill.
I met my Wifey during the time when we were in school.
Mac said that he knew it was serious when I stopped saying, "Hey, baby" every time we drove past his apartment pool and there were girls laying out.
He once "led" some of us on a spelunking "expedition" in North Georgia.
(Notice the quotes)
On one of our breaks between semesters, he and I drove up to West Virginia and spent some time with his grandparents. This was when I first had sausage gravy.
We hiked along the New River Gorge one day and played basketball at his in-laws church another day.
We were about the same level at both tennis and basketball, so it was always great to engage in friendly competition.
Mac practices outside of Washington DC and we got to see he and his family a few years back when we were in town for a conference.
He had many nicknames back in the day.
One of which was Mac the Monkey Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment