Friday, October 8, 2010

La Arrolladora Banda El Limon De Rene Camacho- Nina De Mi Corazon (Girl Of My Heart)

I've got some friends that are in the adoption process.
They are adopting a child from Ethiopia.
Like many couples that have chosen to adopt, they have also dealt with infertility challenges.
This in itself creates plenty of stress and anxiety.
From everything that I have heard from others that have gone through this process (both infertility and adoption), and also what I have read from their blog, it is an emotional journey.
Ups and downs, highs and lows.
Here is an excerpt from their blog:
"I completely understand the reasons behind the homestudy process and agree with all that needs to happen, but you can definitely pray for my emotional state through it. I definitely have a bad attitude at times just wondering why it has to be so difficult for us to bring a child into our lives, biological and now adopted. Were any of my friends required to have the state come to their house before they brought their baby home from the hospital to be sure they were decent people who could provide for him or who had a future plan for discipline or who had an extra bedroom or who had all their cleaning supplies locked up and on and on? I don’t think so. Again, I know what I am saying is not very objective, it is simply how I feel. :) I have to be careful to have a spirit of praise for where we are instead of complaining. I am grateful for the process in that we will be well-educated for the transition when we bring our baby home."
You can hear the tumult in her words as the joys and frustrations wrestle in their hearts.
If you think about it, say a prayer for Miller and Kimberly.
They are going to be awesome parents soon.
I know this because they have proper perspective.
Here is another excerpt from http://chalkfamily.wordpress.com:
"Why adoption?...First, adoption was God’s idea. We were orphans, lost and dying, but Christ came and gave all of Himself so that we might have life. We have been grafted into His family and are called His sons and daughters. Adoption is a clear picture of the gospel."
God bless you guys!
This video shows many of the emotions involved during the adoption process. My favorite is at about 2:08 when the mother and daughter embrace.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and for the prayers. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete