Friday, July 9, 2010

Barney- I Love You

I know.  I know.  I apologize already.
Some would argue that this is not even music.  Stay with me.
I love summer.  Everything about it.
I love the relaxed schedules. 
I love the longer days.
Heck, I even love the heat (it was 98 degrees here yesterday).
But what I like most this year about summer is...Thursdays.
That's right, Thursdays.
I decided back in May that while the kids were out of school for summer break, I would take a day off in the middle of the week and we would do some fun things close to home.
The first week, I took the older two kids bowling while Mommy took the younger two to the Merry-Go-Round and indoor playground at a local mall.
The second week, Mommy had an appointment to get her passport, so I took all of them to Monkey Joes for the day and then later we all went to the swimming pool in our neighborhood.
The following weeks took us to Chattanooga to visit the Tennessee Aquarium and Ruby Falls (and Cheeburger Cheeburger), to Stone Mountain, to Tanglewood Farms (a local farm with miniature farm animals), and yesterday, to the alpine village of Helen in North Georgia where we went tubing down the Chattahoochee River (along with our new dog, Angel).
We've enjoyed other days (like Movie Night Wednesdays complete with candy, where we take turns choosing a movie to watch at home together), but Thursday has been the day I look most forward to this summer.
The way I figure it, they're only gonna be young once, and once they're gone, it'll be too late.
You know, seize the day or something.
So I'm gonna go grab a tissue now and let's all hold hands and sing along with the big purple dinosaur that everybody loves to hate.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I just love to hear a Dad talk like this! The world needs more like you!

    ReplyDelete