Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tool- "Track #1" from Aenima

My oldest kids are into Michael Jackson now.  They are 9 and 7.
I'm not exactly sure how this happened.
I think it's probably Jared's fault.
Jared is a kid that was in C-Bo's 3rd grade class last year.
My suspicion stems from a lunch visit that I made during the school year in which I sat next to my son and Jared and throughout the whole meal Jared lamented, "I can't believe the King of Pop is dead."
Not that I'm upset about it.
I enjoyed MJ's music.  And it's not like they're going over to Neverland for a sleepover.
But I digress...
So now they like to watch Michael Jackson videos on YouTube...
which is fine for the most part. 
Good tunes, good moves.
Except "Thriller".
Now P-Diddy (my number 2 son) sometimes has a hard time getting to sleep because of the images of the zombies on "Thriller".
So we have to remind him to think about silly stuff like "Spongebob" to get to sleep.
I'm still not sure how that helps.
We caution them not to click on anything but those videos that their Mom and I have  pre-approved as acceptable viewing.  So...
Today, I wanted to do a post on the band "Tool".
"Tool" is a Grammy award winning alternative metal band. Due to their incorporation of visual arts and relatively long and complex releases, the band is generally described as a style-transcending act and part of progressive and art rock.  Their 1996 album, Aenima went triple platinum.
This particular song is the first track on the album.
After watching the video, I think I'll be humming the Spongebob theme song before I can go to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment