Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Great Smoky Mountain Bird and Creek Sounds

I went to see my Granny today.
I usually see her every Tuesday morning.
About 2 years ago, I started driving south about an hour every Tuesday morning so I could adjust my Mom and Dad.  I'm only in the office for about an hour.  Then it's back to Woodstock for my afternoon shift.
Since then, my aunt and uncle, an old patient that I had from the five years that I practiced in McDonough, and several friends have been coming in on a regular basis to get chiropractic care.
I usually bring one of my kids with me.  They look forward to seeing Nana and Pops, and then going to IHOP with Daddy afterwards.
Shortly after I began going down, my Granny started coming to see me.
She has had chiropractic care for much of her life off and on.
Now she's coming to see her grandson.
I remember when we were younger, we used to go camping alot.  We would go to High Falls, Hard Labor Creek, and Myrtle Beach.  But some of my most vivid memories with Granny is camping in the Smoky Mountains.  We would cookout, go tubing in the creek, go to Ghost Town, and lots of other fun things.
She was always right there with us participating in those activities.
She turned 89 this past January.
Now she needs help to stand up and she has to have someone with her all the time.
Her mind isn't quite what it used to be either.
Today, I spent a little extra time on her.  I know she won't be with us much longer.
After I was done, she said, "I sure do thank you."
No, Granny.  I thank you.

1 comment: