Saturday, July 10, 2010

Michael W. Smith- Breathe

This is not what I intended to say.
My first intention was to present a dissertation discussing "The Dumbing Down of Church Music".
I was going to discuss how boring church music has become, with nearly every song being a repetition of the same 20 words for 5 minutes.
The question was going to be, "Doesn't God hear me the first time?  Why do I have to repeat it 23 times?"
I was going to go into the fact that the Bible urges us in our worship to sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, not just "Praise Choruses".
But I can't do it.
Don't get me wrong.
I still believe that a little variety would do the church a favor.
But I won't be critical here today.
When I went to get the video for this song, I noticed some of the comments.
This song and songs of this nature obviously have made a HUGE difference in people's lives and their walk with God.
Who am I to criticize what God is using to change lives?
I give up.  I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment