Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood- Had To Cry Today

There are a few special performers that make me want to learn to play the guitar.
James Taylor, for when I just want to chill.
Ottmar Liebert, for when I want to seranade my sweetie.
And...Eric Clapton for when I want to sing the blues.
Clapton makes it seem so easy.  And you can tell he's enjoying himself.
He's consistently ranked in the top 5 in lists of the "greatest guitarists ever."
He's also the only artist that has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 3 times- once as a solo performer, and as a member of Cream, and as a member of The Yardbirds.
On a side note, you know how you listen to some vocalists and say to yourself, "They just don't quite have it anymore."
Steve Winwood still has it.
This is from their "Live From Madison Square Gardens" release.

1 comment:

  1. Man! You ain't kiddin'! He sounds exactly the same; that's amazing! I wish I was 1/2 as cool as these guys.

    ReplyDelete