Monday, July 12, 2010

The Eagles- Hotel California

I've heard this song perhaps a million times in my life.
However, for some reason, it reminds me of one specific time in my life.
After high school, I took a job at Dobbs International Services, the company that used to cater most of Delta's flights out of Atlanta.
At the same time, I attended Clayton State College part-time to work on my core classes, because I still wasn't sure what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I did this for about 4 years.
Then in a "revelation", I realized that Chiropractic was my destiny.
I quit my job and increased my course load to get the basics out of the way so that I could begin at Life University as soon as possible.
A friend of mine, Clint A.K.A. Juice,  was Assistant Manager at the local Champs Sporting Goods, but was days away from being transferred to a different location.
He was able to get me a part-time job before he left, so I was able to make a little "kicking around" money while I was in school full time.
In retail, there is what as known as "The Big 6".  It is the six weeks leading up to Christmas-the busiest time of the year.  This usually means longer hours and more to do after work.
One night at quitting time after a busy day, all the guys decided to go over to Pizza Hut.
It was late and we were the only ones in the restaurant.
While we were waiting on our pizza, someone put money in the jukebox.
When "Hotel California" came on, we all got up and were singing and dancing all around the place.
It was one of those spontaneous energy releases that left it's mark on my brain.
This is from the "Hell Freezes Over" reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment