Monday, July 26, 2010

Los Lonely Boys- Heaven

Sometimes when I pray, it's like I'm in a very tight rubber room and the words just keep bouncing around inside the room until I give up.
At other times, it seems like the words get lost as quickly as they are formed and evaporate into thin air.
But every once in a while, there is a tangible connectiveness in which the words actually feel like they are drawn out of you.  In those moments, you feel as if you have direct access to the eternal mind of the Creator.
There have been times that I have prayed for something and forgotten about it.  Then years later you see or hear something, and you think "God did hear me", because the very thing you asked for is right there.
I posted a few weeks back about a friend of mine that had gotten mixed up with meth.
I had learned that he was in rehab and wrote him again.
This time...I got a reply.
"I am doing fine here, learning how to break the chains of addiction through Jesus Christ and building a closer relationship with him. For this is where I can't go wrong."
This is going to be a long road.   But I have learned over the last 40 years that life is about one thing:
relationships.
We're all busy.  But at the end of the day, it's people that matter.
I keep praying that God will continue his work of healing.
And I've got the feeling that He's listening.



1 comment:

  1. Save me from this prison
    Lord help me get away
    Cause only you can save me now
    From this misery

    ReplyDelete