Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bob Marley- Satisfy My Soul

So, I mentioned that C-Bo likes Michael Jackson.
His MP3 consists of Michael Jackson and Weird Al Yankovic.
We were riding in the car back home from dinner out a couple of nights ago and he asks me,
"Do you like Justin Bieber?"
I answered, "I actually haven't heard a whole lot of his songs.  How about you?"
"Not really.  This girl at school said that Justin Bieber is way better than Michael Jackson.
Jared told her she didn't know what she was talking about."
I smiled.
About that time, Bob Marley came on the radio.
Thinking it was the "Legend" CD that we play sometimes, C-Bo says, "I like the next song."
I then explained to him about how radio works...about how there are DJs that play the music and that each radio station is a little different.
I went through my presets and showed him, "This is Dave FM.  That's Mommy and Daddy's favorite.  These next two play Christian music.  This one is out of Clark Atlanta and they play mostly jazz.  This one is classical.  This one is more R&B and soul.  And this one plays soft rock.  They sometimes play Michael Jackson on this one."
"I remember we heard "Wanna Be Startin' Something" on here," he said.
"That's right," I tell him.  (I put it back on Dave FM.  Bob is still singing.)
A few seconds later.
"Can you put some Bob Marley on my MP3?"
I smile again.
"Of course, buddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment