Saturday, August 7, 2010

Jack Johnson-Jungle Gym

Wifey got me a bike for my birthday last month.
I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to take it for a ride.
I haven't been on a bike in about 5 years.
About 5 years ago, I went to New York for a visit.
I rented a bike and for two days we rode all around the city.
We rode all around Battery Park, down to the "Meat Packing District", past Ground Zero, and all along the Hudson River.
We also rode across the Brooklyn Bridge.
There is something special about biking in the city.
I always said that if I didn't have kids that I would enjoy living in the city.
It was one of the most memorable trips that I've ever taken.
The only downside was the saddle sores.
Before that, it had probably been 20 years or more since I had been on a bike.
That's too long.
I think I'll take the bike out today.  Wifey already had her turn on the treadmill, so it's time for me to get the blood pumping.
Jack Johnson provides the soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment