Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Michael Buble'- Haven't Met You Yet

Wifey has gotten me hooked on several television shows over the last few years.
First there was American Idol.  Then came So You Think You Can Dance.
I think Biggest Loser or Extreme Home Makeover was next.
Somewhere in the mix was Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares.
One of the latest is Ace of Cakes.
It's a show about a bakery.  Sounds pretty manly, I know.
The owner is Chef Duff, a round guy with a goatee and a tattoo.
Sounds like me.
Anyway, he and his staff, made up of some of his closest friends, create some pretty incredible pieces of art, all made of cake.
For one show that we watched recently, they made a cake for Drew Carey's son's birthday.  I think he was turning 5.  It was in the shape of Lego Indiana Jones.  Pretty rockin'.
I think it was the same episode that they made a cake for a couple that met in a grocery store.
He affectionately called her his "SMG" or "Super Market Girl".
His friends later told him that the initials "SMG" stood for Sub Machine Gun.
Oh, and she also had a thing for rubber duckies.
So, they got married.
I think it was for her birthday that he got Charm City Cakes to do a cake of a rubber ducky toting a machine gun.
I never said the show was normal.
This is a fun video.  Anytime you have a dancing butcher in your video, you should win some sort of award.
Hey, I never said I was normal, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment