Monday, August 2, 2010

Frankie Valli- Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Today is the first day of school.
C-Bo is in 4th grade, The Bear is in 2nd grade, and my little Be-Bop starts Kindergarten.
Last night Wifey was getting all of their supplies gathered, bagged, and labeled.
At one point, she says, "I can't believe she's going to be in kindergarten."
Teasing with her as I am prone to do, I say, "Don't start the water works now.  They'll be plenty of time for that in the morning."
She said, "Maybe if I get it all out now, then tomorrow won't be so bad."
"Oh, it will be bad," I said.
This morning we got everybody up and dressed and fed, took them to school, and dropped them off.
We dropped Be-Bop off first.  She just walked in, unloaded her stuff, and went and sat down.
We gave her hugs and kisses and were out.
I looked at Wifey.  She just smiled.  "Maybe I'm used to it now," she said.  No tears.
Then, a little further down the hall, she says, "It helps when she has the BEST teacher ever."
She's right.  We've been very happy with all the teacher's that we've had so far. 
It just so happens that Be-Bop has the same teacher that The Bear had a couple of years ago.
We dropped the older two off (after helping a lost kid find his class) and headed back to the car.
The Moonch, who starts Pre-K in a couple of weeks, said, "Are we going to my class now?"
Now that is going to be different...when all four are in school at the same time.
Thursday mornings, especially.   That's the day that I don't go in the office until 2:00 pm.
That means that after all of the munchkins are off to their appropriate learning facilities, a couple of new things will happen:
1) It will be alot more quiet in our house.
2) Wifey and I get morning dates.
Here's looking at you, kid.

1 comment: