Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Van Morrison- Into the Mystic

I liked "Raiders of the Lost Ark".
I liked "Back to the Future".
I loved "Ferris Beuller's Day Off".
But my absolute favorite movie of the 1980's was..."Dream a Little Dream".
Probably never heard of it, huh?
It was one of the "Two Coreys" movies.
Corey Haim (RIP) and Corey Feldman play best friends (imagine that).
Feldman's character, Bobby, has a collision with Lainie while taking a short cut back home from a night out.
They bump into each other as elderly neighbor, Coleman, and his wife Gena are performing a meditative experiment in their backyard in an effort to live together forever.
What follows is a sort of body swap between the four characters.
I know it's not exactly Oscar material.
But it drips with 80's nostalgia, from the dancing and music to the clothing and hairstyles.
It has a pretty good soundtrack.  You've got your REM, your Otis Redding, and your Michael Damian.
But this is by far my favorite track.
If you're yearning for the good old days, go rent it.
But beware...the straight to video sequel, "Dream a Little Dream 2" sucks to the highest of suckstivity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment