Saturday, June 26, 2010

Colin Hay- My Brilliant Feat

I'm taking a break from the USA/Ghana match in the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
I thought that I would provide a soccer song for today.
Not only that, I really like Colin Hay.
I hear that he did this song for the late Northern Irish soccer player, George Best.
Best was one of those special players. Unfortunately, the celebrity lifestyle caught up with him. His lifestyle led to alcoholism that cut short his playing career.
He had to have a liver transplant, and afterwords was required to take immuno-suppresive drugs which led to a kidney infection which caused multiple-organ failure.
He died in November 2005 at the age of 59.
In his native Northern Ireland, the admiration for him is summed up by the local saying: "Maradona good; Pelé better; George Best."
Go Team USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment