Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sticks McGhee- My Baby's Gone

My wife went on a "scrap-booking retreat" this weekend with about 10 other ladies. I'm glad that she was able to go. She needs time away to herself when she can unhitch from the normal day-to-day wagon and do things that she wants to.
We all need that.
We were at a marriage retreat a year or two ago and the speakers talked about the need for "self-care". "Self-care" isn't selfish-it allows you to refuel so that you can bring more energy to your relationships and responsibilities. It is also a good way that you can retain some of your own individual personality and passions instead of just being "mom" or "dad" or "husband" or "wife."
So I'm hanging with the chur-drun this weekend. Right now, everything's pretty chill. No one is touching anybody else so no one is screaming. I'm just praying for patience today.
Even when she's gone for just a short period of time, I miss my baby.
This morning, here's a little Appalachian Blues by Sticks McGhee.
Sticks got his nickname in his earlier years in Knoxville, Tennessee when he was pushing his brother Brownie, who was stricken with polio, in a wagon with a stick.
Keep wailin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment