Thursday, June 24, 2010

Enigma- Return to Innocence

Do you ever wish you could go back and do some things over again?
I think if we were honest all of us would call a "do-over" at one time or another in our lives.
However, I don't believe we should live our lives in regret about decisions we have made or not made, because it is my belief that it is those things that partly make us who we are.
If we are never tested by adversity then we will never know our resilience.
Admittedly, it is much easier to learn from others' mistakes than making them ourselves. Many times it's less costly, as well.
But let's not beat ourselves up about past regrets.
Let's begin today to live life to the full, enjoying and being thankful for every blessing that comes our way.
This is a cool video. It depicts a man living his life in reverse, starting with him dying, and then tracing his days back to birth, where he "returns to innocence."
The chants used in the song were aboriginal Taiwanese. They were actually sampled without the original singers' permission. A lawsuit ensued and the case was settled for an undisclosed amount out of court.
(Note to self...never sample aboriginal Taiwanese chants without their permission.)

1 comment:

  1. I just want you to know how proud I am of you for writing these words. I love how you live your life and I am amazed that I get to live it with you.

    ReplyDelete