Saturday, June 19, 2010

Junior Wells and Buddy Guy- Chitlin Con Carne

I've got a new Father's Day tradition.
I started it last year.
My wife's favorite places to eat are On The Border and Melting Pot.
I like those, too.
But my favorite place to go is...somewhere new.
I like trying new restaurants.
Well, I've got a friend named Ben. He is in the same boat as me.
For him, it's La Parilla and Longhorn.
Not that there's anything wrong with any of the aforementioned dining options, but...
Last year, Ben and I went to The Dining Room at the Ritz Carlton Buckhead for a pre-Father's Day meal.
After being mistaken for a couple, we sat down (at a safe distance away from each other), and enjoyed a wonderful night of deliciously prepared foods.
Now I must admit, there are some things that I sampled that night that I won't be ordering again--like sweetbreads and head cheese. But it was nice to go outside the dining box for a change.
This year, we went to Bacchanalia on Atlanta's west side. This was probably one of the best meals that I've ever had in my entire life. Very nicely prepared, great presentation, and as my friend Rob, that joined us this year, commented, "Everybody is so nice here."
I think next year, while Ben, Rob, and myself are out trying new things, my wife and Ben's wife are going to order pizza and have a movie night. Good for them, I say.
Junior Wells and Buddy Guy have given me an idea for a new dish to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment